How to approach Transformation to cloud
Updated: Jul 30, 2021
Many of us are undergoing a phase of transformation to the cloud, so the one obvious question in every one's mind is what is transformation to cloud and what is cloud transformation services? Also, what does it do to our business process? Let us look at some of these.
Cloud computing solves many technology problems. But like any technology solution, it must solve business problems to be seen as useful and justify its existence. Two ways to accomplish this are to improve an organization's efficiency as well as agility.
Cloud computing allows for organizations to more easily achieve standardization and control. And the achievement of true elasticity is a benefit that affords another - minimizing underutilized assets, we can also leverage application transformation to cloud.
Cloud is the best foundation for this new agile business model. This is the platform that enables agile application development for example Salesforce's Force.com platform. Cloud-based infrastructure is the major element for flexibility, on-demand access to the resources in order to offer digital business solutions.
Not having to worry about version control is another huge cloud computing benefit. Being able to upgrade easily has long been an issue for organizations. Hardware and software compatibility along with long implementation times are a thing of the past as cloud computing assists in overcoming these issues, this answers one of the basic questions of how to transfer data from on premise to cloud.
Business process automation is another reason for embracing cloud computing. Adopting cloud computing forces a security-first mindset.
We will also see Why edge-to-cloud matters, Industrial operations are often located in harsh environments. And for many companies, connecting to remote assets and securely transferring operational data remains a significant challenge. Typical solutions merely aggregate and filter data prior to sending to the cloud. Predix Platform offers a unique approach. Comprised of two software stacks, one for edge and one for cloud, they work together as one - enabling data ingestion, analysis, intelligence gathering, and control at the place where it's needed.
Benefits of edge-to-cloud technology include
Meeting industrial data challenges Unreliable connectivity, lack of near real-time control, the high cost of moving large volumes of data, managing thousands of devices, and meeting industry regulations are challenges that Predix Platform addresses.
Edge technology advantages Predix Edge technology provides the necessary capabilities to connect to an asset, perform analysis, securely transfer data to Predix Cloud, and manage the lifecycle of devices.
Cloud technology advantages Predix Cloud provides hyper-scale elasticity, mission-critical availability, and security support for data at rest and in motion. Organizations decide to use cloud computing solutions for several reasons. Reducing the size of their existing data center footprint is one. This can be accomplished by transforming the applications that reside in the data centers to software as a service (SaaS) solutions. Once that has been completed, then the data center footprint size and associated lease decreases. Added, it also allows organizations to scale infrastructure when needed to support changing business priorities, while also eliminating the risks associated with IT resources that inhibited past investments in new digital services. Cloud computing refers to the process of maintenance, storage, management, processing, analytics, and security of data resources by exploiting a network of Internet-based servers. Data is not saved on physical servers, but on cloud platforms which helps businesses to better manage their administration, streamline processes, enhance productivity, optimize costs, and higher customer satisfaction. The cloud is the foundation enabler of digital transformation projects and provides a scalable platform with a clear impact on the role of the IT department. Moreover, business executives are increasingly looking to make better decisions for their businesses. Added, IT needs to enable the possibilities of development, deployment, delivering, and scaling solutions at a faster rate which is possible with Cloud Computing techniques. It is simply here to deliver faster solutions with foreseeing the future.
5 major ways in which Cloud computing in driving Digital transformation:
- Eliminating additional costs The Cloud is here to provide a scalable service model where enterprises are here to pay only for the resources they utilize for their business. This factor helps effectively to scale the resources on the basis of the business needs and saves the costs of purchasing and maintaining IT infrastructure. Added, Cloud servers reduce the need for IT support staff and continual server environments as it refreshes. This not only minimizes the cost involved with manual resources but also the additional time involved to make this happen.
- Enhanced Efficiency and Flexibility Cloud Computing is here to bring agility and flexibility by offering the required platforms, infrastructure, and computing resources without investing in different IT infrastructure. It allows businesses to quickly and instantly respond to customer leads and rule out the common problems of IT systems overload or over-provisioning.
- Improved Security Measures There are greater possibilities of risk factors in losing critical information due to unfortunate system shutdown issues, data breaches, etc if in case your data is stored in-house. Moreover, if you handle big data analysis, there are chances of increased system downtime or failure. So, to reduce or eliminate these risks, enterprises can move to cloud hosting which allows them to develop multiple backups of the present data in a secure environment. On-premise environments are more susceptible to breaches and security threats due to their complexity and fast-changing cyber world. If your business deals with confidential and sensitive data, it is important to take multiple measures in preventing them. By making use of Cloud platforms, financial institutions can migrate their infrastructure to the hosted tier which ensures the highest level of security by combining infiltration. Cloud Infrastructure enables IP filtering and dedicated firewalls which are associated with each cloud resource.
- Allows instant prototyping A business or enterprise would definitely require seamless innovation, testing, and implementation factors to drive Digital transformation. By leveraging Cloud platforms, an organization can easily build, test, and deploy apps on various platforms throughout the transformation period instead of setting up complex infrastructure.
- Higher Collaboration Cloud computing allows businesses to access, retrieve, and process data or information at any time and anywhere with a guarantee of ensuring efficient collaboration and enhanced productivity. Additionally, Video communication is completely easier with Cloud since it enables businesses to manage and schedule meetings directly onto the system.
With all these factors, benefits of Cloud Computing such as:
Automatic Software updates
Migration of apps and data to a private or public cloud with zero data loss.
By considering all these, a cloud-enabled digital transformation can offer the following things:
Practical innovations that can boost operational efficiencies.
Disruptive business models and unique user experiences.
The ability to shift from intuitive to data-driven decision-making.
More opportunities to collaborate and co-create with new business models.
Flexible computing resources speed up the Time to Market and accelerate customer outreach.
We can see a great future with Cloud Computing without any doubts. These are the clear strategies that state the importance of Cloud Computing in modern businesses for their operations.